Palmerston North, New Zealand - Weather

Date / Time
An early Good Morning
Sunday,
29 March 2020
Last Update: 03:25:53 29/03/2020
Webcam
Weather Webcam Weather Webcam
Current Weather Station Readings Forecast: Unsettled, rain later
High:18°C
Low:10°C
PoP:40%
Cloudy with occasional showers. High 18C. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 40%. It feels like 8.9°C. Four clothing layers recommended.
 Advertisers' Space

Rent This Space! Get your advertisement here by contacting us at Palmy Weather
Temperature
Current: 9.5°C, Max: 11.1°C, Min: 9.4°C
9.5°C
95%

Trend:
Current trend is Falling, changing by -0.5 °C/hrFalling, -0.5°C/hr

Day Max/Min:
11.1°C / 9.4°C
Wind
Wind
1.4km/h
NNE

Wind Gust:
Current trend is Steady 4.3km/h Current wind speed is Light air (F1) from NNE (23°)23°

Day Max/Avg:
7km/h / 3km/h
Rain
No Rain
Today
0.0mm
10mm(24h)

Last Rain:
2020-03-28 12:10

Month Total:
26.0mm
Pressure
Pressure
1023hPa
Trend:
Current trend is Falling slowly, changing by -0.12 hPa/hrFalling slowly, -0.12hPa/hr

Day Max/Min:
1024hPa / 1023hPa
UV / Solar
UV/Solar
0W/m2
UV Index Level:
 Low 

Sun Light Level:
0 Lux, 0.0UVI

Sun Hours:
0.0 hrs
Air Quality
Air Quality
0AQI
Air Quality:
 Good 

Dust (PM2.5):
0.00ug/m3

Dust (PM10):
0.00ug/m3
Extra Sensors
Extra Sensors
Temp. at 5m
11.1°C 83%


Temp. at 1m:
10.0°C 90%

Leaf Wetness 1m:
10.6°C 14 (97%)

Leaf Wetness 0m:
10.6°C 14 (97%)

Soil at 10cm:
12.2°C 99VWC

Soil at 20cm:
13.9°C 36VWC
Fire Danger
Based upon today's weather there is a Low Fire Danger (restrictions may apply)
0.0FWI
Fire Risk Index:
 Low 

Grass Fire Risk:
Low 0kw

Scrub Fire Risk:
Low 0kw

Forest Fire Risk:
Low 0kw
Sun / Moon
Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent
Day & Night Ratio Clock Graph
Moonrise
11:38
Moonset
21:51
Visability
15%
Sunrise
07:30
Sunset
19:15
Day Length
11:44 Hrs

Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent
Sun Phase: Below Horizon

There will be 2min 41s less daylight tomorrow
7 Day Forecast
Today Tonight Tomorrow Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
Cloudy with occasional showers. High 18C. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 40%. Some clouds. Low around 10C. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 km/h. Overcast with rain showers at times. High 19C. Winds ESE at 15 to 25 km/h. Chance of rain 60%. Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High near 20C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%. Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High 21C. Winds light and variable. Partly cloudy. High around 20C. Winds SE at 10 to 15 km/h.
Showers Partly Cloudy Showers Showers Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy
18°C 10°C 19°C | 11°C 20°C | 11°C 21°C | 11°C 20°C | 10°C
Rain Risk:
40%
Rain Risk:
20%
Rain Risk:
60%
Rain Risk:
40%
Rain Risk:
20%
Rain Risk:
20%
 Advertisers' Space

Rent This Space! Get your advertisement here by contacting us at Palmy Weather
Today's Data Summary
Temperature and Humidity
High Temperature 11.1 °C at 00:22 
Low Temperature 9.4 °C at 02:28
High Apparent Temperature 10.5 °C at 00:31 
Low Apparent Temperature 8.6 °C at 02:28
Low Wind Chill 9.4 °C at 02:28
High Heat Index 11.1 °C at 00:22
High Humidity 94 % at 02:31 
Low Humidity 86 % at 00:00
Rainfall
Rainfall Today 0.0 mm  
Rainfall Rate Max 0.0 mm/hr at 00:00
High Hourly Rainfall 0.0 mm at 00:00
Wind
Highest Gust 6.5 km/h at 01:33
Highest Speed (10 minute average) 2.9 km/h (F1) at 01:36
Wind Run 5.8 km  
Pressure
High Pressure (SL) 1023.91 hPa at 00:02
Low Pressure (SL) 1023.30 hPa at 03:11
About Palmerston North and Palmy Weather

Welcome to Palmerston North ~ The heart of the Manawatū.
This Palmerston North weather station is located just west of the city centre with data updated every 1 minute. The station is a home built weather unit based upon the WeatherDuino Arduino project. Starting in 2009, Palmy Weather celebrated 10 years of gathering weather data in the Palmerston North area in 2019.

About This City: Palmerston North, affectionately known as Palmy, is an inland city located on the west coast of New Zealand's North Island. It is the largest city in the Manawatū-Wanganui district and the the business hub for this region. Palmerston North's climate is temperate with maximum daytime temperatures averaging 22 °C (72 °F) in summer and 12 °C (54 °F) in winter. Annual rainfall is approximately 960 mm (37.8 in). The typical urban area elevation is between 20 - 40 metres (65 - 130 ft) of which the weather station is located at an elevation of 36 metres. More info here.